WinUAE v2.4.0 Beta 14 is released. WinUAE is the commodore amiga emulator for Windows. WinUAE is a mostly complete software emulation of the hardware of the Commodore Amiga 500/1000/2000. A Commodore Amiga, for those who don’t know, is a 16/32 bit computer system based on the Motorola 680×0 CPU and a few specially designed custom chips that provide very good graphics and sound capabilities. Its first incarnation, the A1000, appeared in 1985, followed by the highly successful A500 and A2000 models. WinUAE is a port of the originally written for Unixish systems UAE; but over time, it seems the Windows port, WinUAE has become the best version available on any platform. WinUAE is free software: you are welcome to distribute copies of it and/or modify it, under certain conditions. There is no warranty of any kind for UAE. For more details concerning these issues, please read the GNU General Public License, which describes the terms under which WinUAE is distributed.
WinUAE v2.4.0 Beta 14 changelog:
|- Input panel qualifier key/button support. I think this was requested many many years ago.|
(I didn't originally plan to do this now but someone reminded me few days ago..)
* - Any key or button can be configured as a qualifier (like a shift or control key that modifies behavior of other keys)
* - Any Input Target can be configured to require qualifiers. Input Target only triggers if it's Input Source and all configured qualifiers are active at the same time.
* - If multiple slots are configured, only slot(s) that have matching qualifier will be triggered, for example if slot 1 has qualifier and slot 2 has none: Only slot 2 triggers if Input Source matches without qualifier active and only slot 1 if Input Source matches with active qualifier.
* - Same qualifer code (1-8) can be configured to more than one key/button.
* - Qualifier(s) set to any other types than keys or buttons is currently undefined.
* - End ("*" in GUI), Shift, Alt and Control keys are mapped to built-in qualifiers.
* - Most previously hardwired key mappings (END+F1 etc..) are now implemented using Input qualifier system
* -- Exceptions: F12 so that there is no way for users to accidentally disable GUI access. END+ and END+ disk swapper and statefile shortcuts, I didn't want to add 30+ new mostly pointless input targets.. Disabled if END-key's qualifier flag is removed.
* - Qualifiers and custom events: slots 1 to 4 and 5 to 8 can have different qualifiers.
- Doubled number of input target slots (4 to 8)
- "Copy from"-button corrupted memory.
- Added keyboard default options to "Copy from"-button. Can select either Amiga or PC default mapping.
- TODO: restore only single input target to default.
- Less than 35Hz vsync display refresh rate: show only every other frame.
- Workaround for strange Windows feature or a bug. First call raw input RegisterRawInputDevices() to unregister HID devices and then immediately call to register them again: Windows randomly stops reporting HID events.
- Windows to Amiga clipboard sharing wrong string size if string contained cr/lf line endings.
- Low latency VSync screen mode switch fixes and updates.
- Native code execution (winlauch.alib etc..) is not anymore allowed by default. Option in misc panel.
Toni Wilen is offline Reply With Quote
Download: WinUAE v2.4.0 Beta 14