ykhwong's DOSBox 0.74 SVN Build 04.01.2011 is released. DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any MS-DOS or PC-DOS (referred to commonly as "DOS") application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.
|This build is an enhanced SVN build which incorporates unofficial features and fixes that are not officially part of DOSBox. The best Dosbox version IMHO.|
Direct3D with pixelshaders, OpenglHQ, Innovation, Glide, zip/7z mount, Beep, NE2000 Ethernet, Graphis user interface (menu), Save/Load states, Vertical sync, CPU flags optimization, Various DOS commands (PROMP,T VOL, LABEL, MOUSE, etc) and CONFIG.SYS commands (DEVICE, BUFFERS, FILES, etc), Continuous turbo key, Core-switch key, Show details (from menu bar), Nice DOSBox icon, Font patch (cp437), COPY CON feature, MAKEIMG command, INTRO, Ctrl-break patch, DBCS support patch, Automatic mount, Printer output, MT-32, MP3CUE, Overscan, etc.
Based on MinGW/MSYS under Windows 7 x64
Flags: -s -O2 -pipe -fprofile-use -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=i686 -march=i586 -mno-push-args -ffast-math -funroll-loops --param max-unrolled-insns=60
Libaries: SDL, SDL_sound, libpng, libphysfs, DirectX SDK library, Freetype, etc.
For advanced users who want to debug or compile, debugger-enabled build and source are available.
1. Added some changes on DOS commands (Mostly borrowed from FreeDOS)
Updated: MOVE, MEM, EDIT, CLS
Added: FIND, TREE, DOSIDLE
Added DOS Extenders (DOS4GW and DOS32A) for DOS games/utilities.
2. Updated save/load state feature.
- Fixed a bug that DOSBox cannlot load states in some programs.
- Displays a program title if it is not correct for a saved state.
- Creates a save directory if it does not exist.
- Added an item "remove state" into Main menu.
- Added "Run save states manager.bat" in TOOLS directory.
3. Updated MUNT code a bit
- Disables multi-threading support on single core CPU without hyperthreading.
- Removed all hacks for noise fix.
4. Fixed some minor bugs.
Download: ykhwong's DOSBox 0.74 SVN Build 04.01.2011