ykhwong's DOSBox 0.74 SVN Build 01.05.2011 is released. DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any MS-DOS or PC-DOS (referred to commonly as "DOS") application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.
|This build is an enhanced SVN build which incorporates unofficial features and fixes that are not officially part of DOSBox. The best Dosbox version IMHO.|
Direct3D with pixelshaders, OpenglHQ, Innovation, Glide, zip/7z mount, Beep, NE2000 Ethernet, Graphis user interface (menu), Save/Load states, Vertical sync, CPU flags optimization, Various DOS commands (PROMP,T VOL, LABEL, MOUSE, etc) and CONFIG.SYS commands (DEVICE, BUFFERS, FILES, etc), Continuous turbo key, Core-switch key, Show details (from menu bar), Nice DOSBox icon, Font patch (cp437), COPY CON feature, MAKEIMG command, INTRO, Ctrl-break patch, DBCS support patch, Automatic mount, Printer output, MT-32, MP3CUE, Overscan, etc.
Based on MinGW/MSYS under Windows 7 x64
Flags: -s -O2 -pipe -fprofile-use -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=i686 -march=i586 -mno-push-args -ffast-math -funroll-loops --param max-unrolled-insns=60
Libaries: SDL, SDL_sound, libpng, libphysfs, DirectX SDK library, Freetype, etc.
For advanced users who want to debug or compile, debugger-enabled build and source are available.
1. Based on SVN 3704
2. Updated MUNT (MT-32 emulation, commit 1e61e5006aba57c085a4)
* Speed improvement up to about 40%
* Improved reverb
* Fixed a crackle in some games like Prince of Persia II
* Removed MT-32 rate variable
* Added mt32reverb.mode, mt32reverb.time, mt32.reverblevel (sergm)
3. Fixed some file missing issues: LBA2 and Megatron (ripsaw8080)
4. Fixed Eclipse, one of Korean games (ripsaw8080)
5. Improved COPY command
6. Updated 3dfx voodoo emulation update (kekko)
7. Set WINDIB driver as default (Automatically changing to DirectX driver when using DirectDraw)
* Improved switching from/to window/fullscreen in every output except ddraw
* Fixed an issue switching between OpenGL and DirectDraw
* Imprved compatibility with some other wrappers like nGlide (Tested under Win7)
8. Fixed a bug that DOSBox exits at startup when using WINDIB driver + OpenGL
9. Changed "toggle menu" hot key to Ctrl-Alt-Enter
10. Fixed an issue running REVE demo (unofficial change)
11. Continuous turbo mode was integrated into the existing turbo mode (Alt-F12), Removed Ctrl-Alt-F12.
12. Added CWSDPMI.EXE to drive Z
13. Fixed some minor bugs
Download: ykhwong's DOSBox 0.74 SVN Build 01.05.2011