ykhwong's DOSBox 0.74 SVN Build 21.05.2012 is released. DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any MS-DOS or PC-DOS (referred to commonly as "DOS") application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.
|This build is an enhanced SVN build which incorporates unofficial features and fixes that are not officially part of DOSBox. The best Dosbox version IMHO.|
Direct3D with pixelshaders, OpenglHQ, Innovation, Glide, zip/7z mount, Beep, NE2000 Ethernet, Graphis user interface (menu), Save/Load states, Vertical sync, CPU flags optimization, Various DOS commands (PROMP,T VOL, LABEL, MOUSE, etc) and CONFIG.SYS commands (DEVICE, BUFFERS, FILES, etc), Continuous turbo key, Core-switch key, Show details (from menu bar), Nice DOSBox icon, Font patch (cp437), COPY CON feature, MAKEIMG command, INTRO, Ctrl-break patch, DBCS support patch, Automatic mount, Printer output, MT-32, MP3CUE, Overscan, etc.
Based on MinGW/MSYS under Windows 7 x64
Flags: -s -O2 -pipe -fprofile-use -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=i686 -march=i586 -mno-push-args -ffast-math -funroll-loops --param max-unrolled-insns=60
Libaries: SDL, SDL_sound, libpng, libphysfs, DirectX SDK library, Freetype, etc.
For advanced users who want to debug or compile, debugger-enabled build and source are available.
1. Based on SVN r3780
2. Improved performance
3. Supports for Windows XP SP2
4. Added several commandline parameters
- "-nolog": no file logging
- "-display2": secondary display (thanks to ripsaw8080)
Two modes are provided: -display2 "amber", -display2 "green"
It works in some software that supports dual display (e.g., Mah Jongg)
- "-disable_numlock_check": does not check numlock at startup (useful for directx driver)
- "-savedir (path)": sets save state directory to a custom folder (useful for frontends)
5. Fixed crash when restrating DOSBox in fullscreen
6. Fixed MUNT emulation
7. Set Fluidsynth gain to zero
8. Updated every libraries including SDL
9. Updated ADDKEY command (four core settings "normal", "simple", "dynamic", "full" with delay support)
10. Fixed OpenGlide emulation
11. Added "Send Key" to menu bar (Crtl-Esc / Alt-Tab / Ctrl-Alt-Del)
12. Removed external MSVCR/MSVCP runtime libraries
13. Added splash to [glide] section
14. Stablized save states (thanks to tikalat)
Fixed pallete issue.
15. Added DOSBox-X branch features (Thanks to TheGreatCodeholio)
- Accurate PS/2 keyboard emulation, support for scan code sets 1, 2, and 3, emulation and response to LED commands, reset commands, mode changes, and obscure commands
- Gravis Ultrasound panning register fixes
- PS/2 AUX port emulation.
- CGA snow emulation. If you set machine=cga and enable the option, video memory I/O is slowed down to CGA speeds and writes will trigger "snow", just like an actual CGA.
- Sound Blaster "Goldplay" support. (Disabled by default, You can change the setting in configuration file)
- ISA Plug & Play emulation.
- Serial mouse emulation.
- Higher memory limit to 512MB.
- Finer-grained memory sizes. (kb)
- Refresh rate control.
These new sections can be found in configuration file.
[dosbox]: memsizekb, memalias
[cpu]: forcerate, cgasnow, isapnpbios
[keyboard]: aux, auxdevice
[dos]: int33, biosps2
[ide, primary], [ide, secondary], [ide, tertiary], [ide, quaternary]
16. Fixed some other bugs
Download: ykhwong's DOSBox 0.74 SVN Build 21.05.2012