E-UAE 0.8.29 R8 is released. E-UAE is an Amiga emulator for the PS3. The ported emulator, features 68000 68010 and 68020 CPU emulation, aimga hi-res graphics (720x576), keyboard emulation and more. The emulator is compiled with the PSL1GHT SDK, so it will need to be re-signed for play on 3.50/3.55 firmware.
|E-UAE 0.8.29-WIP4 for PS3 release 8|
- compiled by using psl1ght v.2 sdk
- The full uae documentation is stored in the 'docs' subdirectory, here
you are reading the ps3 port info.
- 68000, 68010, 68020, 68040, 68060 processor cores
- OCS, ECS and AGA chipset
- amiga hi-res (720x576) graphics resolution in 32bit depth
- joystick1, joystick2 (2nd joypad required) and mouse emulation
- options dialog (supports switching of the disk files and more)
- sound in 48000 kHz
- keyboard emulation
- support for usb keyboard and usb mouse
- support for loading zip and dms floppy images
- support hor harddisk files
- save-state saving and loading
- reads either /dev_usb000/uae/uae.cfg or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00829/USRDIR/UAE.CFG
configuration during startup!
- ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
- kickstart rom - see docs/readme
- CROSS - joystick button 1
- SQUARE - mouse button 1
- TRIANGLE - mouse button 2
- CIRCLE - user defined keyboard key
- press R2 to activate virtual keyboard (vkb), release R2 to hide it.
If vkb is shown press left/right digital pad to select the current
key. Press the 'up' digital pad button to actually simualte key press
of the current key. L1, L2, R1 ann CIRCLE buttons are user defined keys.
If vkb is shown press L1 to define L1 button, press L2 to define L2 button
and press R1 to define R1 button. Later on (when keyboard is hidden)
if you press L1, L2 etc. it will simulate assigned key press / release.
- joypad 1 (emulates joystick 1 and mouse 1)
- joypad 2 (emulates joystick 2) - if you want to enable 2-joystick mode, plug-in
the second joy pad, restart uae and switch the port mode to "joy-1 & joy-2" in the
- left analog pad emulates either mouse movement (by default) or joystick.
Press R3 (right hat) to switch between mouse and joystick control on left hat.
Speed-up of the mouse cursor movement can be changed in the options dialog.
- press Start to enter application menu, you can load ADF files from there.
- press CIRCLE to exit the application menu
- The program reads uae.cfg during startup. In this configuration file
you should specify all required parameters (memory size, kick rom, initial
floppy disk files, cpu core, chipset etc.).
- Files (kickrom, adf files) are accesible from either usb disk or internal disk.
- NTSC support: press and hold CIRCLE button during emulator startup to initialize
480 lines /60 Hz video mode. If it doesn't work for you, you can press and hold
TRIANGLE button during starup to use the current video mode set in dashboard.
Make sure to change emulator options to actually emulate ntsc amiga machine by
setting ntsc=true in your configuration file or in options.
- Save states are stored in your harddisk directory
- to use harddisk file: enter options and mount it the "Hard files" submenu.
Alternatively you can specify the harddisk in your configuration file
by adding the following line:
or, if the previous one doesn't work for you:
Normally you just need to change the path and filename of the hardfile. The
first four numbers are the default ones and should work even if your emulated
disk file has a different size. The first set of numbers is ok for hardfiles
formated to OFS (old file system), the second set (zeros) is for harddisk files
formated to RDB (fast file system).
Credits and thanks:
- UAE team and porters.
- RCDRUMMOND for E-UAE
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene
- added support for hardware keyboard and mouse plugged-in the ps3 usb ports
- added scan-line support with user defined intensity (options -> video -> scan lines)
Note: this feature is processor intensive and slows down emulation about 10 to 20%.
- fixed bugs related to options ui (when program started with default uae.cfg)
- source code ported to psl1ght v.2
Download: E-UAE 0.8.29 R8