WinUAE v2.5.0 Beta 20 is released. WinUAE is the commodore amiga emulator for Windows. WinUAE is a mostly complete software emulation of the hardware of the Commodore Amiga 500/1000/2000. A Commodore Amiga, for those who don’t know, is a 16/32 bit computer system based on the Motorola 680×0 CPU and a few specially designed custom chips that provide very good graphics and sound capabilities. Its first incarnation, the A1000, appeared in 1985, followed by the highly successful A500 and A2000 models. WinUAE is a port of the originally written for Unixish systems UAE; but over time, it seems the Windows port, WinUAE has become the best version available on any platform. WinUAE is free software: you are welcome to distribute copies of it and/or modify it, under certain conditions. There is no warranty of any kind for UAE. For more details concerning these issues, please read the GNU General Public License, which describes the terms under which WinUAE is distributed.
WinUAE v2.5.0 Beta 20 changelog:
|- Reduced Gayle based configuration CIA memory bank size to 4096 bytes, only accesses to bfdxxx and bfexxx goes to CIA chips if Gayle.|
- Reverted b19 horizontal change, I forgot that it was made to fit max overscan modes better.. (Manually adding "gfx_horizontal_tweak=8" to config file can be used as a workaround, if needed for some reason)
- RTC update in b11 was not compatible with KS 1.x.
- improved RF5C01A RTC emulation, previously KS2.0+ detected stopped clock and attempted to reset it (which is no-op because emulated clock's time is currently read-only) and after reset it finally read the time.
- RTC year value is saved differently depending on OS version, Pre-2.0: RTC year value = current year - 1900, 2.0+: year value = last 2 digits. Both methods supported when reading. WinUAE now uses pre-2.0 method if MSM clock chip (because this is the only type that KS1.x supports), 2.0+ if RF clock chip, previously always used -1900 method.
- RTC 12/24h bit emulated, this is not used by AOS.
- RTC time/date, alarm and memory data save/load to file supported (alarm time/date, note that alarm interrupt pin is not connected in Amigas, and 104 bits of memory, used mainly for A3000 SCSI settings, included with RF clock chip type). Date/time ignored when loading.
- added win32.gui_active_page=name, sets default GUI panel after emulation has been started (Old win32.gui_page = before emulation starts)
- In some situations adv. chipset may have used incompatible data stored in config file even if compatible settings was ticked.
- Syncronize clock on the fly CIA TOD adjustment is now only active if heartbeat signal (b11) is detected.
- b11 heartbeat system was not fully disabled when UAE boot rom was unavailable.
- On screen led HD/CD/NVRAM indicator is blank if device is not available (like floppies already did).
Download: WinUAE v2.5.0 Beta 20