Steem SSE v3.8.1 is released. Steem is an emulator for the Atari STE computer created many years ago by Anthony and Russell Hayward. Steem SSE is a new version of Steem based on this release. 'SSE' stands for 'Steven Seagal Edition'. Steven Seagal is a well known Aikido grandmaster, action movie star, musician and playboy.
Steem SSE v3.8.1 Changelog:
– No display if bit 0 of Sync Mode register is set…
YEAH!!! you’ve been dreaming of this!
– Blitter remove timing hack of v3.8.0 in blit mode
– CPU trace utility uses its official ‘tpend’ latch
– Video counter reckoning at last separated from rendering
– « Extended monitor » refactoring
– Larger initial disk manager window size
– CPU HALT: reset switch should still work
– YM2149: argh!, disable poorly implemented « dephasing » (Kid Kong)
– Eliminate double checking side overscan (useless CPU load)
– Large display mode refactoring, correcting some raster effects
(Backlash -TEX, etc.)
– Fix 413×275 display mode, no stretch, in medium resolution
– Fix 413×275 display mode, scanlines
– Don’t enable keyboard click if a program disabled it
(Pump ab das Bier by The Confederacy)
– STE had STF-like wake-up state modifiers in WU2
So now WU2 on STE means GLUE WS1 (!) and Shifter « dots » on Spectrum 512 pics
– Fix shifted picture with options: no border, fullscreen, D3D, interpolated
Star tester was Amilo again.
Download: Steem SSE v3.8.1